The following are Project Bog Turtle’s Objectives & Mission Statement.
Please see the following tabs for more details pertaining to each bullet point.
- Monitor and study population densities in selected sites
- Continue surveys to locate new populations and sites
- Restore and implement management and restoration strategies in degraded habitat
- Protect bog turtle habitat through leases, purchases, or easements
- Support, educate, cooperate with, and involve landowners in bog turtle conservation
- Advise, assist, and disseminate information to federal, state, and non-governmental conservation agencies.